This post is over a month or so late, i know! Been feeling pretty unmotivated in cooking up new recipes, let alone baking. I made these cookies a little before Valentine’s, hence the v-day m&m’s. The coffee was pretty intense and the first day, I ate 5 cookies! I seriously could not sleep that night haha The cookies were still pretty good after a few days, up to a week. Then when it got closer to my anniversary, I did send my husband some and he said they were delicious! What he didn’t know was that the cookie was weeks old.
So, if you’re feeling a little sluggish, this coffee + chocolate cookie is a great pick me up!
Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Lovin the Oven
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons instant coffee powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter, cut into chunks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup m&m’s
1. Whisk the flour, coffee, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
2. Beat the butter in a mixer until lightened. Add granulated sugar and beat for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat for another 30 seconds. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and beat until blended.
3. Turn mixer speed down and add flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Add chocolate and mix until evenly blended in.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for several hours to overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350. Drop a heaping tablespoon full of dough onto sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes.